betrayal Mahathir Mohamad Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia PPBM Pakatan Harapan TH Hotels A. Kadir Jasin Urusharta Jamaah Sdn Bhd
Media Advisor of Pakatan Harapan, Datuk A. Kadir Jasin PIX: NOOREEZA HASHIM / MalaysiaGazette / 01 OCTOBER 2019.

KUALA LUMPUR – The government has no plan to shut down four hotels belonging to Tabung Haji. On the contrary, the hotels would be operating under Urusharta Jamaah Sdn Bhd (UJSB).

Majority of the 278 employees will remain in their positions and the remaining of the employees would be offer another position, said the Media and Communications Advisor from the Prime Minister’s Office, Datuk A. Kadir Jasin.

On the contrary, he said that the hotel would go through a rebranding process from TH Hotel to Hotel Raia and its operation would remain Syariah compliant.

The process had to be done as the Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) had sold the hotel to UJSB.

The four hotels are namely, TH Hotel Kota Kinabalu, TH Hotel Penang, TH Hotel & Convention Centre Alor Setar and TH Hotel & Convention Centre Terengganu which was previously managed by TH Hotel and Residence Sdn Bhd (THHR), a subsidiary of TH.

UJSB is wholly-owned by the government and it was set-up last year as part of the recovery and restructuring plan of TH.

“Since they took over the hotels, UJSB had prepared a new model to improve its existing amenities, for the benefit and comfort of its clients.

“No employee would be terminated. On the contrary, 90% of them will continue to work with the new hotel chain while the remaining 10% would be offered to work at TH Kelana Jaya.

“Besides that, 90% of the employees involved would also receive a bonus based on their contribution throughout their service in THHR,” he said in a statement today, answering to various criticisms from the public following the notice of closure on four TH hotels yesterday.

He said, the reports on the closure of the four hotels were slanders from the opposition propaganda engine.

“The problem with the engines from the opposition propaganda, especially those holding positions in parties, they love to confuse the people by creating and distributing fake news,” he said. -MalaysiaGazette

Read More:

TH shuts hotels, terminates employees

TH shuts hotels, terminates employees

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.