Malaysians only pay RM2,100 for 14 days of quarantine

0
758
Malaysians stranded in India since January 2020 arrive at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and are brought to the quarantine centres in AKEPT and ILKAP for the mandatory 14-day quarantine to prevent the spread of Covid-19. PIX: HAZROL ZAINAL / MalaysiaGazette / 18 JULY 2020.
Malaysians stranded in India since January 2020 arrive at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and are brought to the quarantine centres in AKEPT and ILKAP for the mandatory 14-day quarantine to prevent the spread of Covid-19. PIX: HAZROL ZAINAL / MalaysiaGazette / 18 JULY 2020.

KUALA LUMPUR – The estimation cost for an individual undergoing the mandatory 14-day quarantine at the Quarantine Station is RM4,700.

However, the maximum amount that would be paid by Malaysians is RM2,100 or 44.7% from the total cost. The remaining RM2,600 or 55.3% will be borne by the government.

Senior Minister (Security Cluster), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the cost involved hotel room charges and three meals per day.

The cost which will be covered by the government include the cost of transportation from the border entrance to the Quarantine Station, food and beverages, personal protection equipment (PPE) of healthcare workers, security and secretariat and the cost of cleaning and disinfection at the Quarantine Stations.

Beginning 24 July, all Malaysians and foreigners returning from overseas must undergo the mandatory 14-day quarantine at the Quarantine Stations determined by the government.

According to Ismail Sabri, from 24 until 27 July 2020, a total of 1,631 individuals have returned to the country through international borders and they have been placed at the nine Quarantine Stations in Kuala Lumpur, Negeri Sembilan, Penang and Johor.

They returned from 22 countries namely the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Brunei, Qatar, Pakistan, Arab Saudi, Hong Kong, India, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Japan, Turkey, South Korea, Iran, Bangladesh, Taiwan, China, United Kingdom, Netherlands and Australia.

He also said that the police had conducted 1,776 inspections on individuals undergoing the 14-day mandatory home quarantine yesterday. The inspection and observation on those individuals were made to ensure that the standard operating procedures (SOP) are observed at all time.

Meanwhile, he said that 120 individuals have been arrested on offences related to Movement Control Order (MCO).

From that amount, 10 individuals have been remanded, 1 was bailed and compounds were issued on 199 individuals.

Among the offences included visiting pub and clubbing (72) and non-compliance on SOP (138). –MalaysiaGazette

Read More:

Those returning from abroad will be placed in quarantine stations

‘Pink wristband’ man compounded for flouting home quarantine

Temporary closure of restaurant visited by woman with ‘pink wristband’

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here