Fizz Fairuz scam DBKL tender contract Datuk Seri
ACP Beh Eng Lai

By Kumara Sabapatty

KUALA LUMPUR – A 26-year-old man with Datuk Seri title has been arrested by the police after being suspected of scamming actor, Datuk Fizz Fairuz.

The Sentul District Police Chief Assistant Commissioner Beh Eng Lai said, the Sentul District Police Headquarters (IPD)’s Commercial Crime Investigation Department received the report from the victim on 21 July at around 11.30 am.

In the report, the victim, Fizz Fairuz said that he was cheated by the young Datuk Seri suspect in a business extension transaction of cleaning tender with the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) and suffered the loss of RM18,100.

“Police investigation found that the victim knew the suspect who introduced himself as Dato’ Seri and offered him a cleaning project tender from DBKL.

“The victim was then asked to pay one percent bond from the value of the project tender as a deposit.

“After an agreement, the victim transferred RM18,100 to the personal account of the suspect as instructed,” he said in a news statement today.

After the payment, the victim contacted the suspect to get further information on the project offer. However, the suspect gave him various excuses before he went missing.

According to Eng Lai, the case is investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for cheating and upon conviction, the suspect could be imprisoned between one to ten years and whipped.

“The police urge the public not to be easily influenced and always be careful with any form of project offers offered by unknown individuals.

“As a preventive measure, you may make preliminary checks with the agency involved to verify the existence of the project.

“The people can also contact the CCID Response Centre via 03-26101559/1559 if they have any doubts or information about commercial crime activities,” he said.

Meanwhile, Eng Lai told MalaysiaGazette that the suspect has been arrested by the IPD Kajang police.

“Yes… I can verify that based on the police report by the victim, he has been arrested in Kajang and we will pick the suspect up from the Kajang police this Saturday for the remand process and continue our investigation on him,” he said.

Earlier, local media reported that Fizz has lodged a report at the Sentul IPD on the scam.

According to Fizz, he made the payment on 6 June and communicated with the suspect for four days before the suspect stopped replying his WhatsApp messages.

“However, after 50 texts, he replied me saying that he was infected by Covid-19 before he disappeared,” he said. –MalaysiaGazette