KUALA LUMPUR – Klang Valley which encompasses of Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya will transit to Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (PPN) this Friday, 10 September.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced the latest development after the Covid-19 Pandemic Management Special Committee meeting today.
Among the relaxation granted to the Klang Valley is similar to the other states that have entered Phase 2 earlier, as determined by the National Security Council (MKN) that includes:
- Inter-district travel is allowed for individuals who have completed two doses of vaccination
- Fully vaccinated long distance husband and wife are allowed to travel interstate
- Parents who have completed two doses of vaccine are allowed to travel interstate to meet their children below the age of 18
- Dine-in is allowed at eateries for fully vaccinated diners.
- Tourism activities are only permitted within the same state involving hotel and homestays for individuals who have completed two doses of vaccine
The committee has also decided that Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya to be combined as one infection area.
Therefore, movements among these areas are allowed and there will be no more roadblocks.
Meanwhile, the committee also agreed to relax SOP for sports and recreational activities for Phase 1 states.
Among the relaxation includes:
- Allowing indoor sports with the exception of gymnasium for individuals who have completed two doses of vaccine
- Indoor sports and recreational facilities are allowed to operate and limited to fully vaccinated customers. The usage of facilities must be done by appointment basis only and adhere to the SOP
The decision was made after risk assessment by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and MKN. It will take effect on 10 September 2021.
For the trade and distribution sector; florists and nursery, outdoor equipment shops and property galleries are also allowed to operate beginning 10 September 2021 for states under Phase 1.
Meanwhile, additional relaxation for barber, hair dresser and beauty salons are allowed to operate for states under Phase 2 and Phase 3.
The latest SOP will be updated by MKN and relevant ministries. -MalaysiaGazette