ARKIB AFP

ABU DHABI – The United Arab Emirates is not planning to join the international stabilisation force for Gaza because it lacks a clear framework, a senior official said on Monday.

“The UAE does not yet see a clear framework for the stability force, and under such circumstances will probably not participate in such a force,” Emirati presidential advisor Anwar Gargash told the Abu Dhabi Strategic Debate forum.

The US-coordinated international force has been seen as likely to include troops from Egypt, Qatar and Turkey, as well as the UAE.

Last week, US President Donald Trump said he expected the force to be in Gaza “very soon”, as a fragile ceasefire holds following two years of war.

The oil-rich UAE is one of the few Arab nations with official ties to Israel after signing the Abraham Accords during Trump’s first term in 2020. -AFP

IKUTI KAMI DI MEDIA SOSIAL

Facebook : Malaysia Gazette
X : @malaysiagazette
Instagram : @malaysiagazette
Youtube MG : MalaysiaGazette TV
Youtube MGFlash : MG Flash
TikTok : Malaysia Gazette
Threads : Malaysia Gazette
Whatsapp Channel : Malaysia Gazette
Telegram : Malaysia Gazette
Spotify : MG Podcast