KUALA LUMPUR – The Ministry of Transport (MoT) has given a full list of activities permissible under the sub-sectors of transportation and logistics to its stakeholders following the implementation of the first phase of nationwide total lockdown on all economic and social activities that will take place from 1 until 14 June 2021.
- Only two (2) individuals including the driver are allowed in private vehicles at one time, regardless of the capacity of the vehicle.
- However, up to three (3) individuals, including the driver are allowed in a private vehicle at one time for medical reasons (such as hospital appointment, along with the verification letter from the doctor or vaccination appointment validated through the MySejahtera application) or for emergency purposes.
TAXIS AND E-HAILING RIDE
- Only two (2) persons, including the driver are allowed to board a taxi or e-hailing vehicle at one time, regardless of the capacity. The passenger needs to be seated at the back seat.
- Up to three (3) individuals including the driver are allowed in a taxi or e-hailing vehicle at one time for medical reasons (such as hospital appointment, along with the verification letter from the doctor or vaccination appointment validated through the MySejahtera application) or for emergency purposes.
- All land and water transport are allowed to operate at 50% of the passengers capacity. Airlines are exempted from this requirement as the existing percentage of passengers is already low.
- All operators are allowed to determine their optimum service frequencies to avoid congestion at the terminal, platform and stations and to ensure that the SOP determined by MKN and the Ministry of Health (MOH) is fully observed.
- Logistics companies, airports and ports are allowed to operate at the optimum level. However, handlers need to ensure full compliance to SOP determined by MKN and MOH.
- Logistics companies are those related to land, sea and air transport handling goods including e-commerce businesses.
- SMILE SYSTEM (Logistics Industry Information System)
● MOT will issue new approval letters to enable the companies registered under SMILE to operate during the First Phase of the total lockdown.
- All letters issued under SMILE earlier is null and void. New approval letters are available for download now.
- Please refer to https://application.mot.gov.my/ for further information.
- MOT also urges all employees and Malaysians who use the public transport services to adhere to all SOP at all stations and terminals, including the use of hand sanitiser, wearing face masks, practicing physical distancing and scan the MySejahtera QR Code. – MalaysiaGazette