MELAKA: Melaka Chief Minister Datuk Seri Sulaiman Md Ali today announced his new line-up of state executive councillors after being sworn into office following Barisan Nasional’s major win in the state election last Saturday.
“The line-up is a combination of old and new faces from various backgrounds and professions, and is the best line-up to help develop and prosper the people and the state in the next five years,” he announced at a special press conference at Seri Negeri here today.
Eight new faces were also appointed to the line-up including former State Assembly Speaker Datuk Seri Ab Rauf Yusoh.
The full line-up of the Melaka state executive council and their portfolios are as follows:
- Datuk Seri Sulaiman Md Ali – Economic Planning, Finance, Land Development, Government-Linked Companies and Religious Affairs.
- Datuk Seri Ab Rauf Yusoh – Industrial, Investment and Entrepreneur Development
- Datuk Muhammad Jailani Khamis – Tourism, Heritage and Culture
- Datuk Rahmad Mariman – Works, Transport, Public Amenities, Infrastructure and Flood Management
- Datuk Zaidi Atan – Housing, Local Government and Environment
- Datuk Abdul Razak Abdul Rahman – Rural Development, Agriculture and Agro-based Industry
- V.P Shanmugam – Youth, Sports and Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) Development
- Datuk Kalsom Nordin – Women, Family Development and Welfare
- Dr Muhamad Akmal Saleh – Health and Anti-Drug
- Datuk Rais Yasin – Education and Technology
- Ngwe Hee Sem – Community Relations, Manpower and Consumer Affairs