Taman Sri Muda pumping out floodwaters flood NADMA
The residents of Taman Sri Muda, Shah Alam, Selangor wading through the floodwaters after their houses were flooded following the continuous heavy downpour. PIX: MOHD ADZLAN / MalaysiaGazette / 21 DECEMBER 2021. Penduduk Taman Sri Muda meredah banjir selepas kediamannya dinaiki air berikutan hujan lebat berpanjangan bermula dari pagi sehingga lewat malam ketika tinjauan lensa Malaysia Gazette di Shah Alam, Selangor. Foto MOHD ADZLAN, 21 DISEMBER 2021.

SHAH ALAM: The process of pumping out the floodwaters in Taman Sri Muda, Section 25 here was still running smoothly despite the heavy downpour around Shah Alam on Wednesday (Dec 22) morning.

“The water has receded even though it rained at 4.00 am,” National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) Director-General Datuk Dr Aminuddin Hassim told Bernama when contacted today, when asked to comment on the development of the process of pumping out the floodwaters in the area, which began on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Special Functions) Datuk Dr Abd Latiff Ahmad also said that over 80% of the floodwaters in Taman Sri Muda had been pumped out into Sungai Klang.

“If 80% could be drained out in 17 hours, logically, the remaining 20% can be cleared by tomorrow (Wednesday) morning if it doesn’t rain,” he added. -BERNAMA

Read More:

Selangor floods: 17 dead bodies found

There are weaknesses, flood management is joint responsibility – Ismail Sabri

As if NADMA was not functioning in managing floods – Geostrategy Expert

Ameer Ali forgives looters at Taman Sri Muda Mydin

They intruded to rob –  Ameer Mydin

Floods: 14 deaths recorded nationwide, thousands displaced

Newly wed MAHB staff perished in flood

Volunteer, among nine who died in Selangor flood

Flood victims waited at graveyard for over 10 hours

181 flood victims are Covid-19 positive

MGNews: “Water is high! Where are the rescuers?” – Flood victim

More rescue assets deployed to Taman Sri Muda